Sunday 27 May 2007

Band Stand-up.

Crikey, you Ramsgatonians certainly know how to throw a party! There were more people on the platform at Birchington train station. I should have stayed there and saved myself £2-40. I would, however, have missed the wonderful Cajun band which made the trip worthwhile. Well, that and the white Rastafarian wearing a high-vis waistcoat. Got a good giggle out of that!
Er... was he meant to be part of the entertainment, because he did seem to be trying, in vain, to look serious and important?
It was all a bit too much for me, so I packed up and strode off to The Artillery Arms to see if I could pull a corker. I'd like to think that, even though I didn't manage that, I had more success than the poor girlie behind the bar, attempting to pull a pint!

4 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

Yes, it was a bit of a fizzer. Apparently there may be some grub next time. A glass or two of the good stuff wouldn't go amiss either.

Didn't spot anyone with a pink carnation. Thought you might be the berk in the Burt Reynolds sunglasses, but was too sheepish to mosey on up and spout the 'Justin, you good looking etc' line.

Justin Brown said...

Wouldn't have done you much good if you had, as buying you a beer would've proved quite a challenge.
So glad to hear that you weren't the Burt in the Berk Reynolds sunglasses, either!

Richard Eastcliff said...

Well I could always come and slum it in Burtchington one evening.

Anonymous said...

Good post.