Sunday 6 May 2007

Blogged Up Doze.

With, perhaps, the most important event in Birchington's social calendar looming, I had to come down with a rotten, stinking cold and miss the whole flipping thing!
Yes, that's right, I missed bingo night at The Centre (last Friday) and am more than a little peeved!
No wolf-whistles when the caller whipped 'legs eleven' out of his bag or 'two little ducks' for me. 'Clickety click, sixty six' was denied me, as was the looks on the old folks' faces when the caller pulled out sixty two and some wag shouted 'clickety duck'.

Instead, I was ensconsed in my pit with nothing but a box of tissues and a bottle of Lucozade as my companions, though I must confess that that does happen, from time to time, whether I have a cold or not.

Ah well, looking on the bright side, that level of excitement would, no doubt, have shortened my life, somewhat and there's always next year, I suppose.

No comments: