Saturday 24 March 2007

Let's Put The Queer Back Into Beer.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting pretty sick of, everywhere I turn at the moment, having this flipping Easter beer festival forced down my throat!
Blah, blah, beer festival this, blah, blah, beer festival that and blah, blah, beer festival what-bloody-ever.
Not being one to take that sort of thing laying down (though I don't mind it on the chin from time to time), me and my fellow Rotarians here in The Gay Capital of Thanet are going to stage one of our very own, the weekend after the 'warm-up' beer festival in Margate (Of all places. Honestly!) and it's going to be the mother, father, son and daughter of all festivals!!!
With almost 20 beers on offer, including one national award winner which has something to do with pigs, I'm told, and live music from local rock/ragtime/ballroom/skiffle band Rabid Hearse Bait, we're just about guaranteed to make the North West of the Isle rock! One of our lads from the sub-aqua club is going to have a stab at detonating the WW2 munitions ship, USS Richard Montgomery, which sank in The Thames/Medway Estuary during the 'big one', so that should help a bit.

This 'monster' event is going to be held in our palatial Church House on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th of April and, as I say, promises to be the festival-to-end-all-festivals with an expected attendance of well over 50 people (over the two days of the event(including staff))!

For further information, please follow the link to our very own Civic Information site which, I'm assured, will be updated very soon to include more than 'just one line, hidden in January's Council meeting minutes'.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Disclaimer - Dear MI5/FBI, if it hadn't occured already, and before you come kicking my door down, I really was only joking about blowing The USS Richard Montgomery up, fully realising how ludicrously stupid and dangerous that would be (though, to be honest, Whitstable looks like it could do with a wash), especially in these times where at least 4 out of every 5 people is a terrorist, apparently.
Ease up on the weed, fellas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sneaked a peek at the Civic Information, for some reason the only words that stuck in my mind were: 'Iris Bedwell', 'large pot holes' and 'deviation'. Is there some kind of subliminal message in there?

Anyway, must dash, I'm off to shag the pavement.

Justin Brown said...

If you must, sweetie, though I think you should make the effort to curb yourself, if you can.

Anonymous said...

Ta, Mac!

Justin Brown said...

Always pleased to help anyone on their path to happiness.

Anonymous said...

I am so disappointed that you are not going to blow up the ss richard montgomery, not uss richard montgomery It would have increased the chances of my film script about the wreck being sold by quite a lot...
http://www.ssrichardmontgomery.com
(copy and paste link into your browser)
to read all about it and facts about the wreck to see that your fantasy will one day happen without
any help from anybody!