Tuesday 27 February 2007

Enough To Test The Patients Of All Saints!

Chatting to my good chum, Lawrence of Eastbourne, on the phone last night, he was telling me , with a note of disgust in his voice, that Eastbourne council had recently granted permission to Berkeley Homes to convert their old and much loved All Saints Hospital into 53 sympathetic apartments.
I'm not quite sure what a 'sympathetic apartment' is (maybe they're going to keep a nurse on for each flat?) but it all sounded spookily familiar to our recent Sea Bathing project (I wonder if that was done sypathetically and they've kept a pigeon on for each flat?).
"Not to worry," I told him, after pointing out the coincidence "they're having a beer festival just up the road at The Winter Gardens in Margate soon, so I may pop along for that and have a stab at blotting the whole sorry business out for a while."
Well, it's not nice to keep shutting hospitals down, especially as virulent plague seems to be becoming increasingly more rife, these days.
Actually, on reflection, closing hospitals could alleviate that, somewhat.
But I'm straying from the point, which was, as it turns out, so Lawrence informs me, that Eastbourne also has a beer festival of their own in their Winter Gardens.

Now then, what gives here?
Is Eastbourne modelling itself on Margate?
If so, I really think that someone ought to point out the error of their ways before it's too late and we end up with half the Country being set on fire!

No comments: